Feedback about text selection behavior in the new 1Password mini (?)

Options

I'm not sure what the feature is called anymore :p but for the text popup that shows up when pressing Cmd-Shift-Spacebar, there's a bit of a regression compared to Spotlight and (I think) OP7: If I switch away from the popup to do something, and then press the keyboard shortcut again, it defaults to putting the text selector at the end of the text field.

In the past, I believe invoking the keyboard shortcut Cmd-\ again would select all of the text in that field. This way, I could quickly type a new query quickly, since it would clear out the old text. It may seem minor, but this behavior has slowed down my ability to use 1Password more efficiently.

1Password Version: 80202003
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0

Comments

• Hi @MaxSiegel,

Thanks so much for testing out 1Password 8.

It sounds like you are referring to searching in 1Password 7 Mini and searching using the new Quick Access.

If that is what you are referring to I can reproduce this issue as well, I have let our developers know of the discrepancy so they can fix it in a future version of 1Password.

As a quick side note, if you wanted to clear all the text with out needing to select it all first you can press and delete on your keyboard. I realize this is still less efficient than just being able to type, but I wanted to share this info just in case you didn't know of it already.

ref: dev/core/core#9572

• maxrsiegel
    maxrsiegel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joshua_ag, thanks so much for following up! Good to know about the name change there and appreciate it.

• @maxrsiegel Happy to help. Thanks again for testing out 1Password 8 and bringing this issue to our attention.

If notice anything else please let us know!

• @maxrsiegel,

Wanted to send a quick follow up that we have fixed this issue in the latest nightly version of 1Password 8, so it will be making it to a beta sometime in the future.

Now that the feature is here, I don't know how I lived with out.

Thanks again for the help!

• maxrsiegel
    maxrsiegel
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! And yes, same haha 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.