Long tap on entry causes entire entry to pop out; contextual menu ends up far from from tap

verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member

I am fairly certain this is a recent change.

1. Open 1Password.
  2. Go to any item in your vault.
  3. On any entry, long-tap a field (ex: “website”).

Result: The entire entry “pops out” above the entry, and the contextual menu (“Copy”, “Show in Large Type”, “Open”, “Open in Browser”, etc.) is far from where you tapped.

I frequently copy an URL to “Open in Browser” because I usually don’t like using the in-app browser. On a 12.9-in. iPad Pro, having the contextual menu display far from where I tapped is a less than ideal UI experience. I do not understand the benefit of the entry popping out. I think this is a recent change, as I do not recall the entries popping out, and the contextual menu always appeared where my finger was.

1Password Version: 7.7.7.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS/iPadOS 14.7.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @verdi1987!

Can you please post a screenshot of what you mean by "far"?

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

Here you go. (There is no sensitive data in the screenshot.) The contextual menu used to appear where I tapped, but now it is in the corner. There was a recent change whereby a long tap now pops the entire entry out, and that results in the menu appearing in a corner. (That’s not really a clear explanation, but long tap on a field, and you will see.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@verdi1987:

Thank you, I see what you mean now! I am going to reach out to the team to check whether this is indeed expected behavior, I also remember the contextual menu appearing right above the field :+1:

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @verdi1987! I will post back here as soon as I hear something back :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@verdi1987:

I have heard back from the developers, and they told me that this is a known issue, caused by the introduction of context menus on iPadOS (two finger click with the trackpad).

There is currently a workaround, if you have a trackpad: if you do, use it to open the context menu (right click on the field). The menu will open right below/above the point where you clicked.

This discussion has been closed.