Safari Extension

Options

When I click the 1P safari extension the main 1P app credential dialog is displayed, and about 10 seconds later the Safari 1P extension dialog is displayed behind the 1P app dialog. I need to get rid of the 1P app dialog and then enter credentials into the extension dialog. Cludgy.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-6.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2

Comments

• Hello FredJones,

Thanks for sharing and I can see how this would disrupt your flow. It sounds like the Browser Integration feature is enabled in the 1Password desktop app. When browser integration is enabled, the 1Password browser extension will use the desktop app to unlock itself. If the desktop app is currently locked, the desktop app will be opened. If you enter your password in the desktop app, the window should disappear and the browser extension should unlock. This can often be a time saving feature when alternate unlock methods are enabled (Touch ID, Windows Hello).

Is 1Password for Safari unlocking if you unlock the desktop app? If not, I'm happy to create a ticket for us to discuss further if you prefer. If you would like to disable the integration, it can be found in 1Password > Preferences > Browser > Connect with 1Password in the browser.

Ket me know how else I can help.

This discussion has been closed.