its not working with my credit card and Red Cross, works with all others

Hi. I have a citibank llbean mastercard and using chrome on my Lenovo laptop running Windows, I cannot get 1password to sync on that site. Thanks for any help. It's working almost everywhere else.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:its not working with my credit card and Red Cross, works with all others

Comments

• Hi @Amyface, I'm sorry to hear about this issue (but applaud your spirit of giving). Let's get this figured out for you!

To make sure I'm starting on the right track, is it correct that:

1. You have this credit card saved into 1Password already
    2. 1Password doesn't properly fill this credit card item into the Red Cross website
    3. But it can usually fill this same credit card info on other websites?

Let me know if I understand correctly, or likewise if I'm off-base on anything. Our team looks forward to helping you with this! 😃

• Amyface
    Amyface
    Community Member

Thanks so much Peter! I was on the Citibank llbean MasterCard login page. When I generated the fields for a new password and put my cursor there, 1Password did not kick in as it usually would. Using the 1Password utility in Chrome, I could click the plus sign and get 1Password to generate a password. Then I could copy paste that into the password field. But I couldn’t figure out how to get 1Password to then save it or recognize the site. It didn’t do its usual pop up thing.

I found a workaround and I think I solved it by using two devices. I eventually just created a card for my credit card in 1Password. I had it generate a password and then I typed that whole long string of characters in by hand onto my iPad. This seemed to work for two websites. I’m still stumped by the Red Cross but I did get through Citibank.

I did notice that 1Password wanted to use special characters which that Citibank site didn’t t allow. It wanted just letters and numbers. After clicking a few password generating clicks I eventually got one that worked, but I have no idea if there was some easier way to accomplish that.

There’s a lot I don’t t understand yet about using 1Password. For instance, I forgot to enter my username for each website as I saved them. Can I add those later? I do not see an edit tab or a way to do so in the utility in Chrome. But maybe if I actually go on the 1Password website, I’ll be able to add that. Thanks for the super quick reply and I am probably mostly all set!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Amyface:

For instance, I forgot to enter my username for each website as I saved them. Can I add those later?

Yes, you can edit items in 1Password anytime ;)

I do not see an edit tab or a way to do so in the utility in Chrome.

You should see this line of buttons at the bottom of every 1Password item in the 1Password Chrome extension:

The Edit button is the first one on the left. Is this also what you see?

• Amyface
    Amyface
    Community Member

Thanks! Got it!

• Awesome! I'm glad Peter and Ana were able to lend a hand!

Feel free to reach back out to us at any point in the future with any other questions you might have, we're here for you! 💙

This discussion has been closed.