Some random beta 2.1.0 feedback

Options

I didn't even realize I had the beta version of the browser extension installed, but was unpleasantly surprised by todays update. For now I have reverted to the regular build and very happy with that, but I hope some points do get adjusted before the changes get released and thought I might as well drop some feedback here. Some (hopefully constructive) feedback:

• The worst point was definitely the font that was way too small. Since the extension doesn't support zoom either, that really becomes a problem. It'd be really disappointing if the font were to get smaller than it is in the current design.
  • I disliked the action buttons for items (Edit, scan QR, etc) tucked away after a second click.
  • I missed the behavior of the extension closing after clicking Copy on an item.
  • I personally disliked the font in general, as it's hard to read for me. While I understand your desire for a unified design, it's a shame this goes at the cost of some accessibility. Maybe if the font gets a bit bigger again (see point #1), this point will get less relevant, as the font isn't ugly, just unreadable.
  • [very subjective] I disliked the full-height white separation line between the item info and Autofill button in the sidebar. It makes it seem like two separate parts; why not give that line a bit of padding so there aren't two 'blocks' but there is still separation between the 'button' and 'info' area?

To end on a positive note, the unlock screen looks nicer now, I noticed that immediately :) That was all, hope this maybe helps? Thanks for reading.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.0 beta
OS Version: macOS 11.4

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mpboom ,
    Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this feedback! Much appreciated :)

Before I forward it to the team, I'd like to go over a few points and get some clarifications.

I disliked the action buttons for items (Edit, scan QR, etc) tucked away after a second click.

These buttons are in the same place they were in the stable version, unless your browser is set to a certain zoom level that causes them to be hidden. Here's what it looks like on my Brave browser with %100 zoom level:

Feel free to create a bogus item with made up details and take a screenshot to show us what you mean here.

I missed the behavior of the extension closing after clicking Copy on an item.

The extension does close after I click the "Copy" button in the username or password field. Does it not close for you? Or are you clicking somewhere else to copy?

[very subjective] I disliked the full-height white separation line between the item info and Autofill button in the sidebar. It makes it seem like two separate parts; why not give that line a bit of padding so there aren't two 'blocks' but there is still separation between the 'button' and 'info' area?

Can you please add a screenshot with some markings showing what you mean and which part of the extension are you referring to?

Thanks again :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron !

These buttons are in the same place they were in the stable version, unless your browser is set to a certain zoom level that causes them to be hidden. Here's what it looks like on my Brave browser with %100 zoom level:

Just got the new beta 2.1.0 in Vivaldi browser. I also don't have the buttons at the buttom, although my zoom level is 100%.

The extension does close after I click the "Copy" button in the username or password field. Does it not close for you? Or are you clicking somewhere else to copy?

I just copied the username and the popup didn't close.

But I like the new ui of the new beta. Also, the issue with the German language and the ui is gone now. ;)
    https://1password.community/discussion/120997/strange-ui-behavior-in-beta-and-stable-release

Great, that the password generator now has its own button. It's not hidden in the settings tab anymore. :+1:

• mpboom
    mpboom
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_yaron, thanks for your reply. We are not talking about the same version I think! The excellent screenshots by @DenalB (thanks!) show the version of the extension I was talking about.

Great, that the password generator now has its own button. It's not hidden in the settings tab anymore. :+1:

Very true, I agree that is an awesome improvement!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for clarifying @DenalB and @mpboom !
    I'll forwarding this to our developers :)

This discussion has been closed.