Don't autofill some items?

Options
tewha
tewha
Community Member

I use AWS and have several accounts, including IAM and root users. Which is to say I have way too many items for AWS. Like over 30 items, and probably 15 passwords.

I used to manage this somewhat by marking the root users "never autofill," since I almost never want to accidentally log into a root user. If I ever do need to do this, I'm content to start in 1Password or copy-paste the credentials. But in 1Password 8, everything shows up when I hit the autofill key.

Is there an equivalent in 1Password 8? Or is this something yet to be completed?

(This is using Safari, if it matters, but the question is more where to set this in 1Password 8.)

Edit: Since I've posted this, something I want to mention is this has more to do with tiers of usage than the root being truly off limits. I'd be happiest of all if the 1Password plugin could be taught to show certain items (or even vaults) first, and only show the others after a click on a "show me everything" or equivalent.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-19.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 12.0 21A5304g

Comments

• @tewha

We actually implemented a new feature to better handle scenarios where you only want to be able to view certain items. This feature is called Collections. Basically, it allows you create a group of vaults that you can use and search without including the other vaults in your account(s). This is great because you can create multiple collections and swap between them easily with out needing to go into specific items. You can learn more about Collections here: https://releases.1password.com/mac/early-access/#next-gen-search

We have yet to add collections to 1Password in the browser, which is why you're still seeing them suggested in 1Password for Safari. That being said, I've nudged our developers on your behalf to let them know of the desire to see this supported while browsing.

ref: ref: dev/core/core#6045

This discussion has been closed.