iPadOS not requiring Master Password after device restart for AutoFill.

Options
doetraar
doetraar
Community Member

Both my iPhone and iPad have the same version installed (7.7.7), however, on the iPad, when my device restarts, I am able to use Password AutoFill without using my Master Password, whilst on my iPhone, I must first enter my Master Password.

If I run the 1P app on either OS, they require my Master Password. It's purely on the iPad that it is bypassing this initial unlock request.

Neither device has the Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> Auto Fill password requirement enabled.

Feels like a bug.

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @doetraar!

If you go inside the 1Password app > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password, did you set that field to two different values on these two devices?

• doetraar
    doetraar
    Community Member
    Options

iPad: After Device Restart
    iPhone: Every two weeks

So, they are different values, but, you'd think that the "After Device Restart" on the iPad would mean it would require it after the device restart. ;-)

The iPhone, after a device restart, also asks for the Master Password, even with the two week setting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doetraar:

Thank you for the confirmation! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iPad and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• @doetraar,

Thanks for sending in that report. I have located it in our internal system and will follow up with you there.

ref: WAM-56678-169

This discussion has been closed.