Keyboard shortcut does not work sometimes on Vivaldi

Options

I have latest 1P and Vivaldi on Windows 10. I change the shortcut to be "CTRL + ." (period). This has worked for me on Firefox for 2 years, 0% issues. On vivaldi, it works when I first start the browser, and then stops working a few hours into using it.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: windows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Felipe Alvarez!

Is this happening only in Vivaldi, or did it start happening also in Firefox?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Felipe Alvarez !

I'm also using Vivaldi and the shortcut "STRG / CTRL + ." I noticed that I have to set this shortcut after a new update of the extension is installed! It seems that the extension is losing the defined shortcuts in Vivaldi after an update.

Maybe you could check if the shortcut is really set?

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all. Shortcut is still CTRL +. and hasn't changed. This only happens on Vivaldi and not on Firefox or Chrome or edge.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the info @DenalB !

@Felipe Alvarez How do you fix it once it stops working? Do you simply restart the browser and things are working properly after? Or do you have to re-apply the keyboard shortcut in order for it to work again?

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting the browser resolves the problem (temporarily)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Felipe Alvarez If you change the shortcut to something else (for example, CTRL+SHIFT+X), does the same issue occur after a while?

If not, there might be an extension or a feature in Vivaldi that suddenly occupy the CTRL+. Shortcut.

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member
    Options

I have changed the shortcut to CTRL+SHIFT+X and after a while this shortcut, too, does not work. I have to reboot the browser to make it work again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Felipe Alvarez:

Thank you for the confirmation. Do you have other extensions installed in Vivaldi alongside 1Password?

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member
    Options

these are all of the additional extensions that I have installed

1P
    display anchors
    marinara
    multi session box
    octotree

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Felipe Alvarez:

Can you try creating a new browser profile in Vivaldi, and only install 1Password there as a test? Does the keyboard shortcut also change when 1Password is the only extension running?

This discussion has been closed.