Manual install APK

AndyChen
AndyChen
Community Member

Chinese customers can't use Google Play to get the apk. Could you mail the apk file to me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:APK

Comments

• Hey @AndyChen, welcome to the Forum!

1Password is developed and tested on Android devices and requires Google Play services. It's distributed exclusively through the Play Store. We don't provide an APK through any other app stores, and we can't guarantee 1Password's authenticity if installed through a third party.

If you can't download the app, but you have a 1Password account, you can access your data on your browser in your Android device instead.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

• 16dd12298
    16dd12298
    Community Member

@AndyChen try using the Aurora store https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/ to get hold of the apk

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @16dd12298! Although we do not recommend doing that because we do not provide the 1Password app outside the Google Play Store, as my colleague Audrey wrote. For security reasons, we recommend downloading it from the official Play Store only since you can be sure it is coming from us :+1:

• David1PSince2015
    David1PSince2015
    Community Member

I don't understand why not to provide apk file on your website where you can guarantee authenticity ? @ag_audrey

• Hello @David1PSince2015 thanks for your interest in this subject!

In addition to what @ag_audrey mentioned there are a few other reasons it's not something we provide. With Google Play we have an update path to provide our users with the most up to date version of 1Password. Additionally, we make use of Google Play Developer APIs. Without them we cannot reliably provide a customer experience that meets our expectations.

This discussion has been closed.