Adding vault.opvault back to 1Password Desktop after Resetting all 1Password Data...

Options
jprokos2
jprokos2
Community Member

There is an issue here. 1Password will not recognize the vaults that were just in 1Password moments ago. I reset 1Password then attempted to add the opvaults that are in Dropbox. I get a warning that the folder is not recognized, "This does not appear to be the Dropbox folder. Please choose the folder with the name "Dropbox"."

No matter what folder I choose including the "Dropbox" folder 1password balks. The only way to resolve it is to choose "Folder Sync" and then navigate to the Dropbox folder - then it works but says, "1Password found existing data. It will be merged with your current vault." Which is fine because it's a new vault and empty.

Next issue! if you want to add a custom icon, a photo, to the Vault you better do it when creating the vault! If you try afterwards the icon will not display in the side panel. It shows in the Edit Vault menu but the original icon shows in the sidebar.

PS "how to find extension version" is no longer linked to the correct page.

1Password Version: 7.87
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7

Comments

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jprokos2!

Are you able to add the vault properly if you navigate to it in your Dropbox folder, and double click on it?

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member
    Options

No. I receive the same message.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jprokos2:

What is the full path of this folder? Please feel free to remove your username for your privacy in case it includes personal information.

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member
    Options

/Users/j/Dropbox/1Password/J.opvault

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jprokos2:

Are you able to send us a short screen recording of the process and the error message that appears? You can send it to support+forum@agilebits.com so you don't share it on a public forum :+1:

This discussion has been closed.