1password helper in Safari 6 (OS X Mountain Lion) gives error

Since I installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion, and I have updated 1password, I get this error in Safari...

What to do?

scaled.php?server=576&filename=schermafbeelding2012072f.png&res=landing

Comments

• AppleGeek
    AppleGeek
    Community Member
    edited July 2012
    Try quitting Safari with Command+Option+Q and relaunching. That always fixes the problem for me. That being said, I don't have Mountain Lion yet. I'm just going from past experience on Lion.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Floris! What version of 1Password.app are you using? Please make sure you are running the latest version.

AppleGeek, if you have trouble regularly something is likely not configured properly. Please let me know so we can help resolve it once and for all.
  • AppleGeek
    AppleGeek
    Community Member
    It doesn't happen too regularly. Only when I have a Safari crash or I've just updated the Extension. Nothing to worry about, I don't think.

Thanks.
  • I'm also having this problem after updating.... But now it's even worse, when I click on the extension and try to enter my master password, it displays "Connecting" but never actually unlocks....any thoughts? I'm running 3.8.18 of the 1Password app.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, ksteryous! As I mentioned above, please be sure you are running the latest version of 1Password. The version you are running is nearly five months old and does not support Mountain Lion.

Update 1Password 3.8 for Mac (from AgileBits website)

Update 1Password 3.9 for Mac (from Mac App Store)

Please let me know if you are still having trouble once you are running 1Password 3.8.20.
  • omnidea
    omnidea
    Community Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi khad,
    I'm using latest 3.9.6 version from MAS on a fresh Mountain Lion installation and I'm experiencing the same problem.
    I've already tried to completely quit Safari or reboot the system.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    Sorry to hear you are still having trouble even in the most current version of 1Password. Have you tried removing and then reinstalling the extension? Does that help?

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report? Just follow the instructions here to generate the report:

http://support.agile...lebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • omnidea
    omnidea
    Community Member
    Reinstalling the extension fixed the problem.
    Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.