copy and paste into password field doesnt work (properly?)

hey 1P, I have an issue, when I copy my 1P password into the 1P Extention, the extension is telling me that I have incorrectly pasted the password, even though if I copy the same password into a text field, and then into 1P Extention, it seems to work. this has happened 3~ times, and specifically happens when I use the 1P app, and click the field I want to copy, and paste it into a password field.

P.S. I'm pretty sure it is the BETA that is causing the issue, as the 1P non-beta that I had before this wasn't having this issue

I'm sorry if this was answered already, but if more questions are needed, I am happy to help out.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-6.BETA
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1165

Comments

• Greycoat
    Greycoat
    Community Member

after an accidental test, I don't think the copy function for the password field works 100% of the time. I'm pretty sure the issue I had above (with the same beta version), was due to 1P not being able to copy outside of the app, when clicking the password field and expecting a copy. subsequent attempts to copy the password into the 1P Extention seems to work no problem, but I do know that the first time I tried, copying the password directly into the extension field caused the 1P extension to say "incorrect password", but when I copied the password into the text field in the 1P app, it showed the correct password, and copying that text, and pasting it into the 1P extension worked that time. subsequent attempts in copying the password, by copying other texts and then coping the 1P password seemed to work, but not on the first attempt after locking (I think that is what the issue is).

hope this helps out in debugging the issue, and I'm still willing to help with further clarification.

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021

Hi @Greycoat, thanks for the detailed description and extensive care you've clearly given this issue. I tried a number of different scenarios and have yet to successfully replicate it, but I believe that this is occurring for you and we'll keep at the replication efforts. I have filed an issue with our developers in case anyone finds that they are able to hit the right sequence of steps to produce this outcome - and we're always happy to take a look if you find you're able to reproduce this or capture in a GIF, for example. Our door is open!

Thanks again for letting us know about this! It really is highly appreciated. 😄

ref: dev/core/core#9892

This discussion has been closed.