Windows Hello not working in browser extension after fresh install

I have had Windows Hello (using a fingerprint scanner) working for both 1Password Desktop and 1Password in the browser (Chrome 93.0.4577.63 and Edge 93.0.961.38) on my Windows PC until yesterday. However, I needed to reinstall Windows from scratch, and now I can't get the browser extension to use the fingerprint scanner.
The Desktop app correctly asks for the fingerprint to unlock. I have tried enabling/disabling the "Integrate with 1Password App" option, installing the 2.10.0 beta of the browser extension, and uninstalling and reinstalling the browser extension. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1 19043.1165

Comments

• Manuel McLure
    Manuel McLure
    Community Member

As a followup, unlocking in the Desktop app doesn't unlock the browser extension either, so it looks like it's just not able to do the integration. I did notice that I didn't get the dialog you used to get with a code to confirm the connection between the browser extension and the desktop app - I don't know if that's part of the problem or more modern functionality.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Manuel McLure!

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Manuel McLure
    Manuel McLure
    Community Member

Just sent an email to support@1password.com with the logs.

• We've received your email @Manuel McLure -- we'll continue the conversation there! 😊

• Paul_Evans
    Paul_Evans
    Community Member

I am having similar issues. I have never got the browser extensions to work with Windows Hello with 1PW8. Is there a fix for this? I liked the old functionality with Windows Hello. I was disappointed this went away. I get the CTRL Shift X box, but nothing happens, even if 1PW8 is open at the time.
    Now it is not available with the desktop version. Seriously? I don't have 1PW as a hobby, I have it to make me more productive. I am regretting my loyalty about now. Reinstalling and writing to support networks is not why I signed up.

• Hi @Paul_Evans, thank for your message. I'm happy to help investigate.

The Windows Hello functionality that you speak of still exists. When unlocking 1Password in the browser, if the browser extension and the desktop app are not talking (either due to the setting being disabled or some other other issue) the Windows Hello prompt will not appear. Can you check the following setting in the 1Password for Windows 8 desktop app:

Also in the 1Password for Windows 8 desktop app ensure the following is checked: Settings > Browser > "Connect with 1Password in the browser

You can check that app integration is enabled in the extension by following the below steps:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll to the General heading, and then toggle on Integrate with 1Password app.

Please let us know if this information helps, but if you need further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to us again. We'll be here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.