September 2021: Chrome Browser Cannot Be Verified

Options
jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member

I see that people have been bringing up this problem for years. Is there a central article on this? I've had this problem many times myself. thanks

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: reinstalled today
OS Version: 11.4
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome browser cannot be verified september 2021

Comments

• Hi @jmassengale

My apologies but I'm not entirely sure what problem this might be in reference to. Are you getting an error message when trying to use 1Password with Chrome? If so could you please let me know:

• What the text of the error message is
    • Which version of the 1Password extension you have installed (we offer two different extensions for Chrome)
    • Which version of Chrome you have installed

Most 'verification' issues are usually the result of a problem with code signing, which can be an indication that Chrome has downloaded but not yet installed an update.

If 1Password cannot fill an item in your browser because its code signature or identity could not be verified

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    Options

The first Chrome restart didn't work. The second did.

It would be good if instead of turning up many different queries about this from many years, a search would turn up a short article that said something like, "When opening Chrome produces a notification that says, "1Password cannot verify the browser Extention, Chrome may be updating. Wait at least TKTK minutes and then restart your browser. If that does not work, wait a few more minutes and then try again."

I don't know exactly what the error message said, because I no longer see it. But it seems like this is a very common Chrome / 1Password problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmassengale:

I don't know exactly what the error message said, because I no longer see it.

Should this happen again, the exact error message would be very useful to know. Thank you!

a search would turn up a short article that said something like, "When opening Chrome produces a notification that says, "1Password cannot verify the browser Extention,

Please see this documentation page:

If 1Password cannot fill an item in your browser because its code signature or identity could not be verified

This discussion has been closed.