Can't move/copy non-password items to a different vault in Android app

smtchahal
smtchahal
Community Member

Hi,

I have an API key stored in 1Password that I wanted to move from one vault to another, using the 1Password Android app (version 7.7.7). But when I tried to, I was unable to do so, and saw the following error message instead:

Can't move item to Primary vault
Document and custom items can't be moved or copied to the Primary vault

To be clear, I tried to move it into a non-primary vault, despite what the message says.

I had to use 1Password Web to do the same thing, which worked fine. But why can't I do it through the app?

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Referrer: forum-search:Move/copy items to different vault in Android app

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smtchahal!

Are you able to reproduce this again if you create a new API key item, and try to move it again to the same vault?

• smtchahal
    smtchahal
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, I just tried that and yes, I was able to reproduce the issue again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smtchahal:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Android device right after this error message appears, and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• smtchahal
    smtchahal
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

I did email the report and while I did not receive a ticket number (maybe I missed a step?), I did receive confirmation that it's a bug in the Android app and they'll forward information to the developers to fix. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @smtchahal!

(Also, for future reference, you should see the ticket number at the beginning of the Subject field in your email conversation ;) )

• smtchahal
    smtchahal
    Community Member

@ag_ana thanks for the tip! I couldn't see it on my phone because Gmail groups conversations and hides the subject if it's similar enough and I couldn't find a way to see it on the Gmail Android app, but I did on my laptop. It's [#CEN-11169-144] if it's still needed

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smtchahal:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system, and I see that my colleague has already forwarded this to the developers :+1:

ref: CEN-11169-144

This discussion has been closed.