Back up my vault

kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Lounge

Is there a way that I could back up everything in my 1password vault in a .csv file?
I want to make a encrypted backup of my entire vault every month just in case I ever get locked out or something happens this way I'll have all of my information and I can import it back into a new account if the worst case scenario happens.
That way if I'm ever locked out for any reason I'll have all my current logins safe notes and all my information is it possible to do this ?

I would use Dropbox,mega or Google drive to export my
vaults contents and of course I would encrypt the file and password protect it.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kram5819!

Is there a way that I could back up everything in my 1password vault in a .csv file?

Yes, here is the documentation page for you:

How to export data from 1Password

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

The instructions that you sent me are only for a Mac or a Windows machine it doesn't say how to do it for a Chromebook I don't see an export button all I see is an import button

Instructions for

Mac
    Windows

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kram5819:

You will indeed need either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows to export data at the moment. Our developers know of the request to add export features to the 1Password web app too, so hopefully that is something they will be able to add in the future.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Just another reason I need to use LastPass or Bitwarden along with 1password. IF I ever get locked out for some reason, I would be so well "screwed" because I would not have my .csv file. Please, please work on this one request...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @kram5819, I will let the developers know that you would also like this feature :+1:

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Thank You, FYI I do like 1password, sure it has its small issues, but all in all it's very good. And has excellent security protocols.

I appreciate your efforts.

• Thanks so much for saying so. 😁

Ben

This discussion has been closed.