To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot assign vault during password creation

rocinante
rocinante
Community Member

Maybe I am missing something but it seems you cannot select WHERE you want to save your new password when using the [+] button in the browser extension.

Follow me here:
I am on a website and for whatever reason 1Password does not realize I am completing a signup form. (Or, maybe I just decided that I want to add a password to 1Password).

So I click on the browser extension, [+], Login.
Now in the browser I am on a blank form, so I can type in the details: user name, password, website, title.

WHY isn't there a drop-down for me to choose which vault I want to save in?
Only option now is Save or Cancel.

At the very top of the page there is a big icon that says 'Private'. It indicates that 1Password defaulted to my Private vault. (It's gotta default somewhere. I get that.). The drop-down is telling you what vault you are looking at. It is NOT where you can select the vault you want to save your password in.

If you start filling out the form and then decide to change the drop-down from Private to another vault, without warning it completely wipes out what you entered and now you're just looking at stuff in the vault you just selected.

So I guess you have to let it create the password in the default vault? then immediately after that, find the password you just saved and through another unintuitive process of mouse clicks get the list of vaults to show up on the left so you can move the password into the intended vault.

Or (equally as unintuitive) find it again and click the little square icon which lets you move, print or copy the password. There's plenty of room on this page to have separate buttons for move, print or copy. I guess I'm wondering why you chose to bury these commands under a tiny icon but even more confusing is, why can't you just let me select the vault at the exact moment I am creating the password?

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rocinante!

So I click on the browser extension, [+], Login.
    Now in the browser I am on a blank form, so I can type in the details: user name, password, website, title.

In your browser extension settings, I recommend enabling integration between the browser extension and the desktop app, so when you add a new item, the desktop app will open, and you will be able to choose the vault to save the item to exactly as you are describing ;)

This discussion has been closed.