Browser extension hanging

Looks like the browser extensions now integrate with the desktop version (the way LastPass does) which is GREAT. However, ever since you implemented this it causes the browser extensions to hang indefinitely. It's super annoying to the point where I don't even use it any more. Obviously this is a known issue given by the number of people reporting it. I propose you let us downgrade to how it worked before, until you get this sorted out. I like the new feature. But you haven't tested it. Or I should say, you're testing it on us.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: I don't know what this means

Comments

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member

Assuming this is about chrome extension. For me it is not hanging, just (often, not always) waiting for a long time to connect to the desktop client - and then I suppose reverts back to connecting directly. If I turn off the "integrate with 1Password app" option in settings, the problem goes away. Suppose there is some connectivity issue of websockets or such.

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member

Happening in Edge as well

• @rocinante - we recently pushed some updates to the stable version of 1Password for Edge that should address the unlocking issue you're seeing. Can you let me know if you see any improvements in behaviour since the recent update? If not, I'd like to ask you to grab a console log from your browser and send it to us at support+x@1password.com. We'll have a look and see if we can pin down the issue for you.

• @girtsn - You're right, disabling integration basically stops 1Password from attempting to communicate with the desktop app. I'd be interested to know if the new version (2.0.5) behaves the same way if you turn integration back on?

• rocinante
    rocinante
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle the latest update seems to have resolved the issue. I haven't used it long enough (yet) to know that it's fixed but so far it's much more responsive. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@rocinante We're glad to hear that the latest update helped resolve things for you. If you see the issue again, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We're always happy to help!

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle - unfortunately getting this issue also with the v2.0.5. As mentioned, it does not happen every time but does happen which is annoying.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @girtsn ,
    In that case, the next time it happens, please send us the following:

Send these to support+x@1password.com with a link to this discussion so we can connect the dots.

• rocinante
    rocinante
    Community Member

Been using 2.0.5 for a while now and it's still having the issue. I have 1Password set to lock after a long time, or if I lock my computer, which is how I want it. When I come back to the computer and unlock it, I hop into a browser (which is still open from last time I used the computer) and the 1Password icon is locked (as expected). I click on the icon and it will take 5-15 seconds before the login prompt appears, or attempt to appear. I am going to turn off the integration with the 1Password app (if that's how I can get it to work as expected) and wait until I know this is fixed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @rocinante, thank you for the update. If you would like to send our developers some fresh logs, please see the instructions from my colleague Yaron above. Our developers will keep trying to identity and reproduce the issue :+1:

This discussion has been closed.