2 entries on the same domain in a single (private) vault

Options

For something like an airline website (e.g. American Airlines), both my wife and I have separate American Airline accounts.
Does the Individual account ("1Password") support this or do I need "1Password Families" where I need to have my wife's American Airline info in a different vault?

In other words, in the Private vault can I have an American Airline entry for myself and a second one for my wife?
- thanks, Ken

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@krivalsi Yes, you can store two separate login items for the same domain in the same vault. Just give them different names so you can easily distinguish them.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

That’s what I do too @krivalsi . I often create more than one login entry - one for me and one for my wife and maybe others for my kids. I named them e.g „Gmail - DenalB“, „Gmail - Wife“ and „Gmail - Son“. In the browser I have to chose then which of them should be used. It Works like a charm. 😉

• krivalsi
    krivalsi
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB Thanks. That is the comment I was hoping for, from someone has uses it in this fashion. I tried that once and it seemed to get confused between the 2 logins and I thought maybe it doesn't support it. Now I will try it again...Ken

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@krivalsi:

I tried that once and it seemed to get confused between the 2 logins and I thought maybe it doesn't support it.

I can confirm that this is definitely supported :+1:

• krivalsi
    krivalsi
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB @ag_ana @rootzero
    Thanks for your help. I confirm it works fine.
    My mistake was in that I was saving the new entry (e.g. for my child) with the wrong option selected.

Below are 2 snapshots showing the wrong and then correct entry.
    I must say the option was mostly greyed out so it was not very intuitive...still my error.

Wrong

Correct

• Ken
  • DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Good to read that it works for you now. :+1:

Have fun @krivalsi ! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @krivalsi! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected now :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.