Date formats are mm/dd/yyyy when my format is dd/mm/yyyy

Options

I know that this has been address in other posts but not this specific issue.

When looking in the browser extension on Edge, my passport and driver licence dates show the mm/dd/yyyy format. When I look at the same records in the Windows application they are the expected format i.e. dd/mm/yyyy. Is there a fix for this?

My credit card formats show mm/yyyy which I know has been an issue for some people where is shows yyyy/mm.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zeiddev ,

I too am using the dd/mm/yy format, and the secret is to have both your browser and your operating system set to English (UK) in their language/zone preferences.

If you are using standard English or English (US), it will use the mm/dd/yy format.

• zeiddev
    zeiddev
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Edge on Windows but it is the same with Chrome. On both I have the top language set to English (United Kingdom) followed by English (United States). This does not seem to help. Where are you setting your language preferences?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zeiddev ,

In Edge and Chrome, make sure that you choose to display the browser in English (United Kingdom) and not only move it to the top.
    After you choose to display the browser in that language, a "Relaunch" or "Restart Browser" button should show up. Click on it and that should do the trick.

• zeiddev
    zeiddev
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That did it. That is a seriously hidden setting!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it :)

I don't know why this process is so confusing but I hope the Chromium team will improve it at some point :)

This discussion has been closed.