FEATURE REQ: Add date/time when password was last changed

Options
kenj
kenj
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Lounge

Right now, I believe the "last modified" field is updated when anything in the 1PW item is changed. Because there's a constant need to change the password, can you please add a "Password last modified: <date/time>" field at the bottom of the login item. It'll help us know when the password (and not something else in the 1PW login) was last changed. Thank you, Ken

1Password 7
Version 7.8.7 (70807004)
1Password Store

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kenj!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Let me tell you why this is important. I received an email from creditwise telling me that my email address and password had been exposed on June 14 but it did not tell me the site that was compromised. So, I had to run thru the 100's of login's that use my gmail address and make sure to change the password, especially if the site held my credit card info. Looking at the login's, the only thing I could tell was that the 1PW item had changed on a specific date but I couldn't tell if it was because I changed an address field, phone number field, added a note, etc. I imagine this scenario will happen for others (even if it's only for a single login because that site was known to have been hacked). So, knowing the specific date when a password was last changed would've been very helpful.

Also, I recall that 1PW used to store the last changed passwords in the login entries so you could go back and see them. I do not see that anymore. Was that feature removed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kenj:

I received an email from creditwise telling me that my email address and password had been exposed on June 14 but it did not tell me the site that was compromised.

I would have imagined that they were referring to the creditwise website, if the notification came from creditwise directly. Or does their service also notify you of breaches for other websites too?

Also, I recall that 1PW used to store the last changed passwords in the login entries so you could go back and see them. I do not see that anymore. Was that feature removed?

You can find it right next to the password field for the item:

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    Options

Creditwise normally gives the name of the site that was compromised (e.g. Audi, Sears, etc). In that particular case, it did not give a site.

Thank you for the location of the password history. It used to be at the bottom of the 1PW item and I was not aware that it had moved.

Thank you again. Ken

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @kenj :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.