Why doesn't the Medicare website automatically open?

jazzman
jazzman
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I open 1Pass from the App in my doc and logon to websites from there. I use a 27" iMac with a wireless keyboard and trackpad. Most websites automatically go to the website when I double tap their name in 1Pass, and then I hit command \ to load the username and password and the open tab to go in to the website. For some reason, the Medicare website requires me to copy and paste the username and password to logon. How can I correct this so that it will automatically open like all the rest?

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7
OS Version: 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jazzman ,

Is this the website's login page you are having troubles with? https://www.medicare.gov/account/login/
    Are you using Safari?

If so, can you please try the following:
    1. Open your 1Password app.
    2. Locate the login item of this website and delete it from 1Password (make sure to copy the username/password to a temporary location beforehand if you don't remember it by heart).
    3. Get to the login page and manually input your username and password into the fields, then click the "Save in 1Password" button that shows up under the password field. Confirm and save it as a new login.
    4. Refresh the page, then see if you are able to autofill it using CMD+\ or by clicking the autofill suggestion that 1Password shows under the fields.

If that worked, please try to open and fill it from the desktop app in your Dock and see if it also works.
    In case it didn't work from the Dock, please copy the website's URL from Safari's address bar and paste it here so we can examine what is the URL that the desktop app opened in Safari.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron,

Your instructions worked like a charm! Thank you so much. The URL I had was a little different. I really appreciate the assistance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @jazzman! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Thank you so much for all of your kind assistance @ag_ana. The 1Pass team is always so helpful, and I really appreciate it. Have a great week :)

• We appreciate the kind words @jazzman, and will be sure to share your sentiments with the rest of the team! :love:

This discussion has been closed.