Open X-Callback-URL

schmudi
schmudi
Community Member

Hey,

on my Mac I copy an X-Callback-URL link to my DevonThink PDF in an URL field of a 1Password item.
Opening on my works fine.

When opening in the 1Password App on iOS only the built-in 1Password Browser is opened and the URL pasted to a google search. When copying the item and pasting in the Safari App, the DevonThink item is opened.

Can I either change a setting in order to always open links directly in Safari, or how can it be done, that X-Callback-URL are correctly handled from within 1Password on iOS?

Best regards,
Thomas

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @schmudi!

Just a quick message to let you know that I have reached out to the team to see if they have any suggestions. I will post back here as soon as I hear back something :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021

@schmudi:

I have heard back from the team, and I got confirmation that at the moment this is the default behavior and cannot be changed. We will file a request to the developers to see if this can be added in the future :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#9930

• schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    Ok, thanks for checking and the feature request.
    Would be handy as all documents are stored in DEVONthink and it doesn't make sense to duplicate them to 1Password. However it would be convenient just too add an X-Callback URL to a 1Password entry for ex. an coupon code received for this vendor. So all relevant information about the vendor could still be found in one single place - 1Password. If necessary the document could then be opened in DEVONthink or any other database.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @schmudi, and I can certainly see how this could be useful if you already have documents stored somewhere else :+1:

This discussion has been closed.