OPPrefMasterPasswordTimeoutInMinutesKey

wakkedoff77
wakkedoff77
Community Member

I'm trying to set this up for deployment and I'm running into this weird issue. When I use "OPPrefMasterPasswordTimeoutInMinutesKey" and I set to 0 (*  To set the 1Password account password timeout to “After restart”, set the value to 0). It does apply this setting when you go to Advance --> Security --> Require Master Password "After Device Restart". However 1Pass locks in about 30 - 45 seconds while using the App. This also disables Touch ID functionally.

Using this link: https://support.1password.com/mobile-device-management/

For your review:

Locks app in about 30 - 45 sec and Touch ID doesn't work at all

<dict>
<key>OPPrefBiometryAllowed</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPrefMasterPasswordTimeoutInMinutesKey</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>OPPrefAllowUniversalClipboard</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyOfTOTPCopy</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyVaultAddedRemoved</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPAutoFillExportMetadataKey</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
Touch ID works and it doesn't auto lock

<dict>
<key>OPPrefBiometryAllowed</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPrefAllowUniversalClipboard</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyOfTOTPCopy</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyVaultAddedRemoved</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPAutoFillExportMetadataKey</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 14.7.1

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2021

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know about this @wakkedoff77. That does seem a bit odd. I've filed a report with our development team. Hopefully they'll be able to get this fixed up in a future version.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#5459

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member

Thanks, it was and is strange indeed. I have to ask, is your team able to recreate it? Additionally is this something they can easily address. Or will this be something that is address in 1Password 8? I would hate to delay our deployment of 1Password to mobile devices because of this issue.

• Gracias
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wakkedoff77:

Additionally is this something they can easily address. Or will this be something that is address in 1Password 8?

I am afraid that our developers will need to start investigating this, it is too early to say at this point, sorry :(

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member

Ana,

Thanks for the update. If any additional info comes up let me know. Especially since we are itching to mass deploy this on our devices.

• Gracias
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Will do @wakkedoff77 :+1:

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member

bet @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wakkedoff77:

I have signed up for internal notifications about this, so if anything additional info comes up, as you say, I will try to post it here :+1:

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member

@ag_ana we are about to hit 3 weeks and no reply or action on this item. New iOS released, a new version of 1Pass released 7.8.2 (hot fix) but nothing on this app configuration. Why?

• @wakkedoff77

Our development team is aware of the situation but I'm not in a position to promise if or when this will operate differently at this time. I will mention that this is a high priority item for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.