Bring back Vault Management to 1Password 8 Mac

Options

Hey.

Appreciate the work that's gone into the new 1Password 8.

Trialing it in our org and it's missing the Vault Management features, which is something that our org uses on a daily basis. I haven't seen anywhere if you are planning to add back in, so I thought I would make a post.

On 1Password 8 we can see how many groups and people have access but not see what groups/people are in them and then make changes. In 1P7 we can see edit vault names, manage access, view recently deleted items, and more but in 1P8 we lose it all. If this is removed and we are required to perform these changes online and not natively in the desktop app, it will add considerably more time into our orgs workflows.

Is there plans to add these back?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2-23.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @danielfeo!

Thank you for the suggestion! Vault management has not made it into the latest Early Access version just yet, but it is indeed on our developers' radar ;)

ref: dev/core/core#8166

• danielfeo
    danielfeo
    Community Member
    Options

Amazing news! Thanks.

Just bring back the 1Password Mini and I will forgive you guys 😌

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danielfeo:

Thank you for the feedback! I have let the developers know that you would like this too ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#455

• Hey @danielfeo

Looping back on this. I'd like to get a better understanding of what 1Password mini was able to do for you that Quick Access isn't. Could you please help us understand what the benefit of mini would be for you?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.