1Password fills and then erases password into Paypal

beirne
beirne
Community Member

I have the Paypal app on my phone and tried filling in the password with 1Password. I see the 1Password controls now placed above the keyboard, which looks nice. I hit the first button there to have it fill in the password for Paypal. 1Password does that, and then the password disappears. If I change the Paypal app to show the password I can see the password come and go when I hit the 1Password button for it. I finally had to bring up the 1Password app, copy the Paypal password, and then paste it into Paypal.

The Paypal app is version 8.2.2.

1Password Version: 7.7.8.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11

Comments

• Hi @beirne:

Thanks for reaching out! We've had off and on reports of this behavior with PayPal. I've added your feedback to this issue.

Additionally, for more details on what could be happening on your device, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: android-955

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

I sent the diagnostics and got a personal reply from support rather than from BitBot. Here's the number: #GAV-54897-869.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@beirne:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will continue the conversation via email.

ref: GAV-54897-869

This discussion has been closed.