OPPrefMasterPasswordTimeoutInMinutesKey

Options
wakkedoff77
wakkedoff77
Community Member

I'm trying to set this up for deployment and I'm running into this weird issue. When I use "OPPrefMasterPasswordTimeoutInMinutesKey" and I set to 0 (*  To set the 1Password account password timeout to “After restart”, set the value to 0). It does apply this setting when you go to Advance --> Security --> Require Master Password "After Device Restart". However 1Pass locks in about 30 - 45 seconds while using the App. This also disables Touch ID functionally.

Using this link: https://support.1password.com/mobile-device-management/

For your review:

Locks app in about 30 - 45 sec and Touch ID doesn't work at all

<dict>
<key>OPPrefBiometryAllowed</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPrefMasterPasswordTimeoutInMinutesKey</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>OPPrefAllowUniversalClipboard</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyOfTOTPCopy</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyVaultAddedRemoved</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPAutoFillExportMetadataKey</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
Touch ID works and it doesn't auto lock

<dict>
<key>OPPrefBiometryAllowed</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPrefAllowUniversalClipboard</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyOfTOTPCopy</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPPreferencesNotifyVaultAddedRemoved</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>OPAutoFillExportMetadataKey</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 14.7.1

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know about this @wakkedoff77. That does seem a bit odd. I've filed a report with our development team. Hopefully they'll be able to get this fixed up in a future version.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#5459

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it was and is strange indeed. I have to ask, is your team able to recreate it? Additionally is this something they can easily address. Or will this be something that is address in 1Password 8? I would hate to delay our deployment of 1Password to mobile devices because of this issue.

• Gracias
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wakkedoff77:

Additionally is this something they can easily address. Or will this be something that is address in 1Password 8?

I am afraid that our developers will need to start investigating this, it is too early to say at this point, sorry :(

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member
    Options

Ana,

Thanks for the update. If any additional info comes up let me know. Especially since we are itching to mass deploy this on our devices.

• Gracias
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Will do @wakkedoff77 :+1:

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member
    Options

bet @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wakkedoff77:

I have signed up for internal notifications about this, so if anything additional info comes up, as you say, I will try to post it here :+1:

• wakkedoff77
    wakkedoff77
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana we are about to hit 3 weeks and no reply or action on this item. New iOS released, a new version of 1Pass released 7.8.2 (hot fix) but nothing on this app configuration. Why?

• @wakkedoff77

Our development team is aware of the situation but I'm not in a position to promise if or when this will operate differently at this time. I will mention that this is a high priority item for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.