Export Login/Password Data 2021

basurerito
basurerito
Community Member

I found a few ancient posts dealing with login/password exports. But still I didn't find the solution :-)

Is there a way to export Login/Password data to a human readable/modifiable format like CSV, XLSX or something similiar?
It's just to have a hardcopy of some items ...

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Fedora 34 (Linux)

Comments

• Hi @basurerito:

For best results, we suggest exporting your password data from the Mac or Windows desktop apps, as these provide export options into CSV or TXT files, as well as a 1Password Interchange Format (.1PIF) file which can be re-imported into 1Password.

That said, it is possible to create an unencrypted export of your data using the Linux beta app, though it is important to note that the Export functionality is not fully complete, and currently cannot be re-imported. Here's how to create that export:

1. Open the 1Password for Linux beta app and sign in.
    2. Press the Alt key, then click File, and then Export.
    3. Choose a location in the filesystem to save the resulting export.

Your password data is stored within the .1PUX folder, in a file named export.data which can be read by your text editor of choice. Of note, exporting does not include your documents - these must be downloaded separately.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions.

Jack

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member

@jack.platten thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the "hidden menu" in 1password app :-)

• I use the Linux app on a Linux system because I do not have a Windows or Mac system ..
    • the Linux app isn't beta anymore, so I expect(ed) full funcionality

So when it is possible to export to JSON, I do not see any reason to not support CSV IMHO.. especially when it is already supported in other OS' apps .. so take this as a "Feature Request" :+1:

Reimport is not required (for me); it is just to have some data/vaults as hardcopy/printout ..

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021

Thanks for this, @basurerito. We will certainly take this as a feature request, and we'll pass it on to the development team promptly. We understand this is important!

This discussion has been closed.