Icon

Thanos92
Thanos92
Community Member

Hello, I try the new BETA version for Windows 10! Its very nice the new UI but please note:

We cant change the Sites icons like the stable version!

1Password Version: 8.2.2-23.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Thanos92 !

Custom icons are actually not implemented yet. Hopefully they are coming back soon. ;)
    https://1password.community/discussion/123080/no-longer-possible-to-set-custom-icons

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Thanos92:

Thank you for the feedback about custom icons! Let us know if you have any other suggestions :+1: :)

• Thanos92
    Thanos92
    Community Member

Hello! Still not fixed this issue ? 1 month now..

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Thanos92 !

It is actually not implemented in the latest BETA release. But if you switch to the NIGHTLY channel you will get the latest NIGHTLY build in which you are able to change icons. :+1:

• @DenalB is correct! Custom icons have made it into the NIGHTLY release, and will be making its way to the BETA and then STABLE channels with time. Thanks for bearing with us as our developers keep the improvements coming 😀

• hulksave
    hulksave
    Community Member

I've noticed the change log for the 1PW 8 beta for Windows version 8.0.4-10 says it addresses a fix for the rich icons not populating. That issue is still persistent in 8.0.4-19 on multiple systems for me.
    I know this is not the same as custom icons, which appears to now be in the 8.0.4-19 beta but am hoping to get a better idea of how to restore the automatic rich icons regardless.
    Thank you

• Hi @hulksave , can you tell me a little more about this issue? What isn't working for you? Any specifics you can provide will help us set things right for you.

The rich icon fix you mentioned did take effect in 8.4.0-10, and rich icons have been part of the app for some time, but if something isn't working for you we'll be happy to figure out what may be going wrong. 👍

• hulksave
    hulksave
    Community Member

Hello Peter,
    The issue I'm experiencing is that none of the rich icons populate on the desktop windows 8 beta on version 8.0.4-10 and 8.0.4-19.
    The icons for all the records are generic, only displaying the first two letters of the site the record represents.
    In the browser extension the rich icons still display as they have in prior desktop app releases.
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks

• Hi @hulksave,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can take a look at what's going on?

To generate the report,

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock and go to Settings, click ... on the title bar to select Settings or press Control + , shortcut to open Settings.
    2. Select the Advanced tab and then click Send Diagnostics.
    3. Please email it to us at support+windows@1password.com and can you include your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the forum thread to the email.

Thanks!

• hulksave
    hulksave
    Community Member

Just submitted via email. Thanks

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2021

Hi @hulksave, thanks for your reply and sending the email. We'll continue the conversation there.

ref: KKS-15162-637

This discussion has been closed.