Edit link is not working with Firefox on macOS

Options
Ashokleyland
Ashokleyland
Community Member

Hi !

clicking on the edit button in the firefox extension window does not launch 1PW 8.
I tried to quit and relaunch everything but it does not work

Firefox version : 91 / macOS 11.5.2

Cheers.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macos 11.5.2

Comments

• HeyNoah
    HeyNoah
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I can confirm the edit button is not working for the Chrome extension as well.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the heads up, @Ashokleyland and @HeyNoah. I'll pass the report along to our development team. They'll take a look as soon as possible.

ref: dev/core/core#9222

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @kaitlyn , just to let you know that the bug is still here with the latest beta (8.2.0-56.BETA)

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

The bug isn't just Firefox, because I see the same problem in Safari as well. So this probably is an issue with the actual 1P 8 app. Seems a bit odd, though, to be that, since these extensions are supposed to function even if the main app is not installed, I believe. So why editing is broken when the main app is present is weird.

• MrMorden
    MrMorden
    Community Member
    Options

I don't even have the edit button in Firefox (91.0.2, 64-bit Linux x64).

• Hi @MrMorden, if you don't have an edit button we definitely want to know about it!

Here's the workflow as I understand it:

1. Open your browser and unlock 1Password for Firefox by entering your account password
    2. Select an item and click "edit" at the bottom of the window
    3. The item should open in edit mode

That's if everything is working properly. If it's not, or if you see something different, be sure to share that with us and we'll investigate. We have already opened an issue into the improper behavior of the edit button as these folks have described earlier. 👍

• retuow
    retuow
    Community Member
    Options

I have an Edit button. When I click it, it opens 1password in the browser. Where I can edit the item, but not in actual app.

But I do notice that my app says "1Password isn't able to communicate with 1Password in the browser due to an issue spawning the helper process."

I'm running 1Password 8 Mac 8.2.2-19.BETA on an up to date macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 (m1 if that matters) and my browser is Firefox 91.0.2. 1Password extension is version 2.0.5.

• Thanks for the info, @retuow. We'll keep working to resolve this on our end!

• MrMorden
    MrMorden
    Community Member
    Options

The Edit button is definitely there now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @MrMorden!

This discussion has been closed.