Dropbox folder is not recognized

u_d_o
u_d_o
Community Member

1Password 7 - Version 7.8.7 (70807004)
Dropbox App v130.4.4978
MacOS Big Sur Version 11.5

Error Message: "this does not appear to be the Dropbox folder. Please select the folder with the name "Dropbox"."

also the direct selection of the file *.opvault does not help.

any hints?

1Password Version: 7.8.7 (70807004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5

Comments

• Hi @u_d_o

Is your Dropbox folder perhaps in a non-standard location? The default is /Users/<your username>/Dropbox (or ~/Dropbox). Or is this a business Dropbox account?

What happens if you double click on the opvault file?

Please let me know what you find.

Ben

P.S. Standalone vaults and Dropbox sync will not be part of 1Password going forward. If you'd like to get out ahead of those changes I'd recommend reaching out to our team at support+tradein@1password.com to discuss your situation and the best path forward.

• u_d_o
    u_d_o
    Community Member

found the obvious solution. do not select "dropbox", but directly below it "folder" and then select the directory in the dropbox folder on the Mac

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing what worked for you @u_d_o! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• David_
    David_
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

P.S. Standalone vaults and Dropbox sync will not be part of 1Password going forward.

Sorry, rookie question. I used to sync via Dropbox back in the day. I take it that is no longer necessary and I can delete any 1password files from DB that are not necessary for syncing purposes?
    Thanks,
    David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@David_:

That is correct: if you are already using another sync method, you can certainly remove your old data files from Dropbox :+1:

• David_
    David_
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana :)

• On behalf of Ana, you're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.