Mac beta disables Keyboard Maestro and other apps

Options

Hi all

since moving over to the beta i get this issue where 1pass will after sleep or a long period disable Keyboard Maestro macros and other applications (like contexts)

this didn't happen with 1pass 7. any clues on how to debug this?

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: big sur

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zeltak!

Do you get a message from Keyboard Maestro that suggests it is indeed 1Password that is disabling this?

• zeltak
    zeltak
    Community Member
    Options

hi, and thx for the quick response!

as i said its not just Keyboard Maestro but many other apps (ie contexts)

quitting 1pass immediately solves all issues :)

happy to help further debug

best

Z

• @zeltak

Thank you for the report. Are you leaving the 1Password window open when not in use? If so can you please try closing it when you're done with it ( ⌘W ) and see if that helps? 1Password uses macOS's Secure Input feature to keep 3rd party apps from snooping on the text you enter into it, but this should only be active while the 1Password window is open.

Please let us know what you find. Thanks!

Ben

• zeltak
    zeltak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben and thanks!

yes you are right, it does seem to be related to the secure input feature

and indeed if i bring back up the 1pass window and press ⌘W it does seem to solve it...but that kind of annoying each time (yeah 1st world problems.. :)). anyway to solve this issue without manually repeating these steps a few times a day?

best

Z

• @zeltak

At this point the best I could suggest here would be to close the 1Password window when finished with it to avoid Secure Input being enabled. I'm not sure there is any real alternative — my understanding is that we either use secure fields or we don't. We don't have a way of manually disabling Secure Input while retaining secure fields. That said I will ask that our developers keep eyes out for ways in which we could improve the experience with this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.