iOS Restrictions App Rating 17+ [1Browser: built-in browser mandates this App Store rating]

Options
12346»

Comments

• This is a long thread, so I wouldn't blame you a bit if you missed it, but you can work around this by turning off age restrictions and instead using Apple's Ask to Buy feature to monitor the apps installed on your children's devices.

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Ben

• tombr
    tombr
    Community Member
    Options

This is a long thread, so perhaps you missed it Ben. This is not an appropriate workaround, the age restrictions are not just about monitoring the apps installed on children's devices. Advertising your product as 1Password for Families and your complete refusal (or inability) to listen to us is frustrating. I don't know how many times we have to tell you that your workaround is inappropriate.

• @tombr

I don't think it is fair to reject the workaround entirely for all cases. It may not be an appropriate solution for you and your family, but it may be perfectly acceptable for others. I've heard the feedback, but the only alternative here is to entirely remove a long standing feature from a product that was sold with that feature baked in. As many people will want my head on a pike if that happens as there are people unhappy with the Ask to Buy workaround. We may ultimately do that, but either way we're between a rock and a hard place.

Ben

• Urlicht81
    Urlicht81
    Community Member
    Options

How about the people that bought it because of the "for Families" bit? I just found out about this awesome feature tonight when I caught my little kid accessing stuff he shouldn't. Do I get his innocence plus my money back? This is why people don't trust tech companies. You're not doing the right thing.

• iacvlvs
    iacvlvs
    Community Member
    Options

Three days ago I bought a $99-for-$125 1Password gift card because of the "for Families" bit. I've spent hours getting it set up for myself and my wife, only to discover when I went to set it up for my son that it has a 17+ age restriction because of your obstinate insistence on an in-app browser. This is not fit for purpose. 1Password is useless to me. It is not "for families" for my family.

Can I get my $99 back and we just go our separate ways?

This discussion has been closed.