Desktop app won't open

robto
robto
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1password is working fine in my browser, but I can't open the desktop app. I go to Start > 1password, click, and nothing happens. I am using Windows 365.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• shishini
    shishini
    Community Member

Hi

Few things you can check on your own
    1. no such thing as windows 365 , there is windows 7 or 10 and there is office 365 , I dont think office have anything to do with 1password
    2. try to execute 1password from the command, and see if it return any errors

To open 1password from the command line, right click the shortcut and see the .exe path
    copy this path and enter it in a command line window, either powershell or command prompt

the error, if any, should help see what is wrong

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robto!

When this happens, do you see 1Password mini running in your notifications bar? If so, are you able to launch it from there?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@shishini:

1. no such thing as windows 365 , there is windows 7 or 10 and there is office 365 , I dont think office have anything to do with 1password

Windows 365 is actually a new service from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365

• robto
    robto
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestions. It is now opening from the Start Menu again, so I didn't get to try these. Will try to remember to run from command line if it happens again.

• Thanks for the update @robto and I'm pleased to hear that you're able to open 1Password again normally. If you experience any more issues at all please be sure to let us know and we'll be happy to look into things further with you. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is great to hear @robto, thank you for the update! We are here should this happen again :)

• robto
    robto
    Community Member

OK, so it's doing it again. Here's what I've found out:
    I can't launch it from the command line.
    I can see 1Password mini and I can launch it from there by using Settings > Show 1Password.

Any suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@robto:

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.