Change the name of "Scanned Document.pdf"

Options
rangerrick
rangerrick
Community Member

Hello -

On iOS, when editing an item, clicking "Add New File", and choosing to scan, the file name is always "Scanned Document.pdf". After it's scanned in, I can edit the attachment and change the name at the top of the screen; however, when I download a document to share with someone (via iMessage for example), the actual file name is still "Scanned Document.pdf".

Is there a way to change the actual file name, so that when it is shared it shows the changed name?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.8

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rangerrick!

I can edit the attachment and change the name at the top of the screen; however, when I download a document to share with someone (via iMessage for example), the actual file name is still "Scanned Document.pdf".

This is because the text at the top of the screen is the Title of the 1Password item entry. The attached document has a separate name, but it looks like this cannot be changed at the moment, I have tried to do it but could not find a way in the 1Password for iOS app.

• rangerrick
    rangerrick
    Community Member
    Options

That's kinda what I figured. It would be nice to be able to change the actual file name, at least at the time the document is scanned.
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rangerrick:

Understood, thank you for the feedback! We will see if there is anything we can do about this ;)

This discussion has been closed.