How to prevent a team member to copy / move an item from a shared vault to a personnal account

Options

Using 1password with the mac app, I notice that with a team / business account, every member can easily move all the shared information from a shared vault in the team / member account to its personal account. As an administrator I would like to avoid this. Other tool (like dashlane business) make it possible to avoid this.

In fact, this is quite dangerous : it means that an employee could delate all passwords of all sharing vault before leaving the company……….

Hope there is a way to fix it.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Comments

• Hi @MG_StudioMeta, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

There are certain permissions you can configure to prevent your team members from copying/moving data outside a shared vault:

• If you're using 1Password Teams, you can restrict individuals and groups to the Allow Viewing permission.

• If you're instead using 1Password Business, make sure the Copy and Share Items and Move Items selections are deselected for any individuals or groups you wish to restrict.

Doing the above will ensure your colleagues aren't able to transfer items away from the source vault. Also, with 1Password Business you can also deselect the Print and Export selections for further control. You can read more about the various permissions in 1Password in the article below:

Manage permissions in 1Password

• MG_StudioMeta
    MG_StudioMeta
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for helping. This is really clear :)

I also notice that when using 1password Business, I configure some personalized permissions and, when I switch to 1password Team, those permissions seems to be still ok : https://share.getcloudapp.com/9ZuQL60D. Of course I can't modify it.

But, could you confirm that I can keep those personalized permissions even if I continue with the teams plan (of course the only condition will be that I won't modify it).

• ag_max
    edited September 2021
    Options

You're very welcome, MG_StudioMeta.

also notice that when using 1password Business, I configure some personalized permissions and, when I switch to 1password Team, those permissions seems to be still ok :

That's absolutely correct.

But, could you confirm that I can keep those personalized permissions even if I continue with the teams plan (of course the only condition will be that I won't modify it).

I can confirm those custom permissions will still be enabled when you switch from 1Password Business to Teams. However, as soon as you deselect that or choose another selection they will disappear, and you'll then need to make use of the default permissions exclusively.

This discussion has been closed.