Will the v8 Early Access builds get "promoted" to beta?

Options
EnerJi
EnerJi
Community Member

Just curious. I beta tested the Mac and Android apps for a long time, and I was happy with the overall stability and polish of those apps while beta testing.

I'm wondering whether the V8 Early Access builds will get officially promoted to beta (prior to v8 reaching general availability status) once they're at a similar level of stability and "feature completeness"?

Thanks!

Comments

• It's a great question. I wish I could answer it with confidence but I'm honestly not sure. Indeed one of the benefits of going with early access as the label way back when was it gave us the opportunity to have a "promoted to beta" type of announcement.

I think it really boils down to whether or not I get around to writing up all the things in my head. I have a lot queued up! 🙂

Take care,

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the reply, and from Dave Teare, no less! For me, a promotion to beta is a nice signal that the water is safe enough to dip my toes in to the new v8 and I can expect that the experience will be reasonably good. Absent that, I may sit on the sidelines for a bit longer, although I am reading the release notes for every release and it looks like it's getting better and better. :+1:

• dteare
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I’d say we’re ready for you to dip your toes in as 1Password 8 is the best app I’ve ever used. There are some rough edges still of course as we work through the beta (hah! 😂) early access process but I’ve been enjoying it everyday. If I was to announce this today I’d reckon I’d use the term “beta” to describe things.

With that said everyone has their own tolerances for rough edges. I enjoy being on the cutting edge.

Take care,

++dave;
    1Password Founder

This discussion has been closed.