Fingerprint login in Ubuntu 20.04.3 not working?

Options
Bern741
Bern741
Community Member

Dear all

On my Dell XPS 9310 with Ubuntu 20.04.3, I just enabled fingerprint login for my user. So far it work like a charm for unlocking my Ubuntu user. However, 1Password does not seem to recognize the fingerprint reader. No fingerprint login is prompted when I start 1Password. That's what I've done so far:

• Enabled "Unlock using System authentication service" in settings
  • Restarted 1Password
  • Restared Ubuntu (after boot up I logged in with fingerprint)

So far, no fingerprint login available at 1Password login.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Bern741

1Password Version: 8.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.3

Comments

• Hi @Bern741, thanks for letting us know about this problem - and I'm sorry to hear of it. Let's get this figured out.

To start, what was your installation method for 1Password? Did you install using a deb package, or using the Snap Store? Any info you can give us might help us speed the resolution for you.

No matter what, we'll get this fixed for you as quickly as possible. And I look forward to doing so!

• Bern741
    Bern741
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peter! I installed it with Snap, the Ubuntu built in snap store!

• 1P_Claudio
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks for getting back @Bern741. When you install 1Password through Snap , you won’t be able to unlock 1Password with the system authentication service.

If you'd like to use biometric unlock, you can install 1Password onto your Ubuntu machine using the .deb package or the CLI

I hope this clears things up and you're able to get 1Password working as you'd like! :)

This discussion has been closed.