1Password mini not opening on incognito browser windows

Options
soum
soum
Community Member

Hi, 1Password mini is not opening on incognito browser windows. Tested Microsoft Edge, Firefox Dev, Safari. It works fine after a few minutes. But when it needs unlocking then I need to switch my virtual desktops in MacOS with 3 finger swipe then I need to unlock the 1Password and then go back to the incognito window. Or I switch to the normal browser window -- non-incognito -- and then I unlock it. But even after unlocking, it still doesn't work, neither the keyboard shortcut nor clicking on the mini icon on the menu bar, while in incognito. After a few minutes or so it starts working randomly.

1Password Version: 7.8.8 Beta-0
Extension Version: Incognito doesn't have extension enabled
OS Version: MacOS 11.5.2

Comments

• soum
    soum
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: I was able to pinpoint the cause of the bug. It doesn't work after a few minutes. It seems to only work when a normal window of ANY browser is open along with the private incognito window. Doesn't matter if they're the same browsers. EXAMPLE: Safari incognito is open but the mini is not opening. So I 3 finger swipe and open a Firefox Dev normal window on the next desktop and then I go back to the Safari private incognito window and voila. The mini now works. Please fix this bug.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @soum!

If you managed to replicate this again, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• soum
    soum
    Community Member
    Options

This is the ticket number: [#NQI-91242-125]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@soum:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: NQI-91242-125

This discussion has been closed.