Contextual information autofill

b1tcoin
b1tcoin
Community Member

I tried the beta. You already know the stance of most of us about not being a native app anymore.

Anyway, my use case is desktop app exclusively and I always disable the safari 1password logo thing that show (in addition to iCloud) passwords to fill.
BUT
That doesn't mean that I don't want to fill safari fields. I'd like for the beta app, specially for the pop up windows to know that I am in fact in a safari webpage and want contextual relevant info, you know just like in 1P7.
I tried installing the safari extension in addition to the beta, but no luck either I have two things (iCloud and 1P) showing up to suggest passwords or the 1Pbeta pop window search doesn't show contextual and also doesn't fill the actual window (open and fill a new tab only, when it works)

This is a sad thing, please fix :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @b1tcoin

I would suggest downloading 1Password for Safari from the Mac App Store. It works in conjunction with the 1Password for Mac app.

• b1tcoin
    b1tcoin
    Community Member

@ag_tommy already did… please read the post in it’s integrity….

• @b1tcoin

Can you elaborate on what you mean by contextual? It wasn't clear from your post if you installed the new 1Password for Safari app or perhaps you clicked more extensions and got yourself into a loop with the Mac App Store and may have downloaded 1Password 7 and experiencing a mismatch.

We recommend turning off the browser password manager. Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser If you are looking to hide 1Password on the page try pressing the escape key or selecting hide from the dropdown menu,

• b1tcoin
    b1tcoin
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

@ag_tommy

I want to continue using 1p as a glorified secondary password manager when I’m on the web and be my primary everything else while working elsewhere

But on safari I want to be able to fill the actual page I’m in with the contextual info that is appropriated (google password if I’m on gmail for example) this works on 1P7 without pressing a mouse bouton of showing a 1P logo on the form I just have to press shortcut to show the contextual pop up window and press enter BUT ON THE BETA this doesn’t work there is only “new tab and fill” button if I search and item not the current contextual intelligence to show me the relavant item and it doesn’t even fill in the opened page only new tab, it doesn’t even know what website I’m on

• @b1tcoin

Open the settings for the extension and uncheck the option for show autofill menu on filed focus. That will stop 1Password from showing the menu if you prefer. Do you have the site URL saved in your login? 1Password uses this to offer suggestions based on the site that the browser is viewing. An incorrect or absent URL would produce the results of 1Password not knowing which site you are on.

It may help to have one of the extension team members take a look at your setup. Please reach out to us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. b1tcoin
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/612093

Also include a summary of your questions, or details on how we may assist you. That will help your ticket to get routed properly.

This discussion has been closed.