[Feature request] Microsoft Store

Please make end users and system administrators lifes easier by adding 1Password to Microsoft Store.

I've seen this previous thread that is now closed (thus I created a new thread):

Just wanted to hear your thoughts now that Windows 11 with desktop apps in Microsft Store is close.

1Password Version: 7.7.180
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @olavrb 👋

We don't have anything new to share in regards to 1Password for Windows and the Microsoft Store.

We're excited to see what opportunities are available to us with the new changes to Microsoft Store, so stay tuned, you might hear more about this down the road. 💙

• Nginx99
    Nginx99
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

HI

I am very supportive of this threads request,For me the main thing is not to get a different version of 1Password from Microsoft Store or wish a more integrated 1Password with w11 system ui, It can avoid users from subconsciously going to the Microsoft Store and downloading the wrong 1Password program, even many of the programs on the store almost named the very close as 1Password, which is likely to be a phishing-like behavior.

Although it is not 1Password fault that users go to 1Password unpublished sources and download the wrong apps,But i think Microsoft's business strategy will inevitably make Windows users gradually get used to going to the Microsoft Store to download apps as time goes on.

Let me give you an example real case, a very famous crypto wallet EXODUS. They somehow in the Google Play store only provide Android 9.10.11 and a few other specific versions of the official app, the rest of the version or device incompatible with the user in the app store is not searchable, the unscrupulous see this is happenThey quickly forged a fake official app and putting it on the store.that fake app only use webview to build but via phishing method they still successful steal the wallet from the restore words provided by the user to get a huge profit

• Nginx99
    Nginx99
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

HI @Blake
    I am very supportive of threads request,For me the main thing is not for get a different version of 1Password from Microsoft Store or wish a more integrated 1Password with w11 system ui, but it can avoid users from subconsciously going to the Microsoft Store and downloading the wrong 1Password program, even many of the programs on the store almost named the very close as 1Password, which is likely to be a phishing-like behavior.

Although it is not 1Password fault that users go to 1Password unpublished sources and download the wrong apps,But i think Microsoft's business strategy will inevitably make Windows users gradually get used to going to the Microsoft Store to download apps as time goes on.

Let me give you an example real case, a very famous crypto wallet EXODUS. They somehow in the Google Play store only provide Android 9.10.11 and a few other specific versions of the official program, the rest of the version or device incompatible with the user in the APP store is not searchable, the unscrupulous see this is happen,they quickly forged a fake official app and succeeded in putting it on the store. only use webview to build phishing program and steal the wallet from the restore words provided by the user to get a huge profit

• Hi @Nginx99:

Thanks for your feedback here as well! :smile: As Blake mentioned above, we don't have anything new to share at this time.

Jack

• Nginx99
    Nginx99
    Community Member

It fine,and I am only making a hypothetical for your reference, everything else is fine at the moment.

• Sounds good! If you have any questions in the future @Nginx99, don't hesitate to get in touch. :smile:

• ConnorB
    ConnorB
    Community Member

+1 for Microsoft Store (and Microsoft Store for Business) support, would work excellently with deploying apps through the Store via Intune/MS Endpoint Manager.

• Hey @ConnorB:

Thanks for your additional feedback! While I can't promise anything, I'll definitely share it with the team. 😀

Jack

• FrustratedDave
    FrustratedDave
    Community Member

Well this issue with Microsoft Store is a showstopper for me. I'm attempting to be a new 1Password user. I first setup !Password on my IOS phone then attempted to add it to my Windows 11 computer & 1Password gives me this message "something went wrong" when I attempt to login (despite having my correct email address, secret key & password) on my windows computer & the "need help" solution is to download the app from the Windows Store before attempting to login.

• Hello @FrustratedDave,

Thanks for message and feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've run into troubles and this is showstopper for you.

As noted in this thread, 1Password is not currently available on the Microsoft Store and we'd like to learn more about where you are seeing this message. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of this messaging? Here is a handy guide on how to take screenshots on different platforms: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org - When sending a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information such as your Secret Key.

In the meantime, 1Password 8 for Windows is available from 1Password.com if you'd like to give this a try: 1Password 8 for Windows - Download

Looking forward to hearing from you!

This discussion has been closed.