Search on 1P8 EA v/s 1P7

Options

I'm having trouble interacting with the search box on the EA beta. I have lots of related logins that I often look up together based on part of a tile or other keyword.

For example in 1P7 if I search for "backup" I get a list of the various logins for various NAS boxes (here's a few out of 20 or so):

In 1P8 all I can get is 3 items and none of the ones I'm actually trying to find:

The disparity between the two search experiences is enough o discourage me from using the EA beta regularly.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2-23.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 12 Beta

Comments

• Hi @davegullett, thanks for letting us know - that certainly doesn't seem optimal. I'd like to follow up on this issue for you.

A quick question as we get started: were there any particular steps needed to produce this result? or was it just: 👇

1. Log into 1Password for Mac 8.2.2-23.BETA
    2. Type "backup" in the search bar
    3. Relevantly-titled results should come up, but don't

Any info you can share with us could be helpful - we want to make this as useful to you (and, well, everyone) as possible. Thanks for informing us that something isn't performing up to par here, and giving us a chance to do something about it!

• davegullett
    davegullett
    Community Member
    Options

Those steps are correct. I just updated to 8.2.2-39.BETA and the results are the same.

Keeping v7 running so I can find the entries I'm looking for more quickly.

• davegullett
    davegullett
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Also, despite all the outage, v8 seems to work very very well over all. Thanks for all the hard work you all do.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Search in the EAP Version is badly broken. It seems to be case sensitive and has problems finding substrings. See my post here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/611892#Comment_611892

• It isn't case sensitive in that you can search for "GOOGLE" if your item is titled "Google" or "google", and it'll match. We do have challenges to solve around substrings, particularly ones that aren't at the beginning of the title, and case is a factor there. Our development team is working through these challenges. 🤞

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9056

• Also, despite all the outage, v8 seems to work very very well over all. Thanks for all the hard work you all do.

Thanks so much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.