Nightly updates channel on Windows is temporarily paused [Intentional, will be fixed soon]

Options
DenalB
DenalB
Community Member

I was in the NIGHTLY-channel and got 1Password for Windows 8.2.2-39.BETA some days ago. Since then, I'm not able to get latest NIGHTLY-builds.

I tried switching back to the NIGHTLY-channel, but 1Password is still showing that I'm in the BETA-channel. Again I tried switching between the channels and shutting down 1Password completely. But no change here.

When checking for updates, it looks like 1Password is downloading an update. But it doesn't. After that, I'm still at the latest BETA-build.

What's wrong? How can I get back to the latest NIGHTLY-builds again?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.2.2-39.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

Mine has just updated to 1Password for Mac 8.2.2-41.NIGHTLY, so working on macOS side.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good @AdieB ! Now I know that there is a new NIGHTLY-build. :+1:

But how can I get this? How can I fix this behavior? :(

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Just removed 1Password and installed the latest BETA. Before logging in for the first time, I set the channel to NIGHTLY. But still there is no NIGHTLY-build available.

• @DenalB

I saw a conversation in passing that the team needed to make a change on the backend. I do not know what that involves. It seemed to be Windows specific. Please keep an eye out. I suspect you are seeing a byproduct of the needed change.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy !

Good to know that there's nothing wrong on my side. :+1:

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Saw the same thing, and used this link to get back on Nightly:

Edited: Removed link because this build has several breaking issues.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the link @jcsully217 . I can still see it in the email I got as a notification. But I'll wait for an official solution. ;)

• Hey everyone,

Thanks for letting us know, we are aware that there are no new nightly updates available yet on Windows and the current nightly build isn't accepting the last one that was deployed. The latter part is normal and expected because of the changes we're making on Windows.

We will ship a new nightly update soon that will address this, no action is required on your side. We don't have an ETA but it should be very soon.

While some of our customers may find a way around this by using the direct link, we do not recommend installing them. The integration with the browser extension will not work in that specific build. It is recommended that they uninstall these builds and install the last public beta and remain on the nightly channel to get it as soon as we have one available.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @James.Dressel_1P for information! 🙏

• @DenalB ,

8.2.2-43.NIGHTLY is now live. Your current install should be able to auto-update to it. Please let me know if you hit any snags.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@James.Dressel_1P ,

Yes, looks good now. Thanks! :+1:

• We're putting our new Windows code signing certificate though it's paces. Over the next few weeks you may intermittently be unable to update on the NIGHTLY channel.

We don't expect interruptions to the BETA channel. You may want to re-install the 1PasswordSetup-latest.BETA.exe and set the channel to BETA.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Good to know! Thanks James. :)

• On behalf of James, you're very welcome, @DenalB.

This discussion has been closed.