All entries of all subdomains suggested for autofill

How do I get more precise URL matching? As in subdomains getting their own entries, instead of all entries of the base domain being suggested?

Regards

Comments

• @zer0r00t

1Password currently only suggests items based on the root domain. One of our extension developers shared the reason for this limitation here.

While I can't say for sure when or if this will be available, I can share your request for this feature with the appropriate team so they can take it into consideration. In the meantime, 1Password will offer the closest match (by subdomain) as the first suggestion followed by any other items you have saved using the same root domain.

• mbauman
    mbauman
    Community Member

This is such a major frustration for me and many many others, as evidenced by the repeated asks... over and over and over and over again.

And that's just on page one of this forum and google.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2021

@mbauman

True this been a frequent request. My apologies that we have no been able to bring it about. Hopefully this is something we can bring about in the future. I have shared your comments with the team.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• khord
    khord
    Community Member

If it is true from that explanation that it is because the website fields have been encrypted since 2017 or before, then why is 1P7 + the "desktop app required" extension still able to fill subdomain matches with one press of cmd + \ ?

I've only run into this now because the 1P8 update deprecated the desktop app req extension. As someone who uses 1P for both corporate and lab use (heavy use of subdomains) this is very disappointing. I'll have to stick with 1P7 for as long as it's supported. Having to navigate a long list of subdomains on a dropdown on my login forms is not acceptable behavior to me. If the no-nonsense, no-interface functionality of the desktop app req extension could be merged as an option into the full 1P browser extension that would be perfect.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/386275/#Comment_386275

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @khord ,
    Thanks for bringing this up.

1Password should show the best matching item as the first option in the list (filtering by root domain + subdomain), unless you have favorites with the same root domain which would take precedence.

I will bring up that specific feature from 1Password 7 to the team and we'll see what we can do. Thanks again for mentioning it :)

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member

Get your pants together and fix this MAJOR bug.

Here some more explanation why this one gets a major security bug in the business usage:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/636797#Comment_636797

This is absolute nuts and the explanation from 2017 can't be valid at all since the auto suggest does show information that is indeed encrypted. (so the extension does decrypt all the items...)

This discussion has been closed.