TOTP Autofill not working on Fidelity

Mancolt
Mancolt
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I use Fidelity's site regularly and it seems like it only autopopulates the TOTP (which is stored in 1password) about 10% of the time. It hasn't gotten more or less reliable with any new updates. I can't figure out why it autopopulates sometimes and not others.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Mancolt ,
    Thanks for reporting this.

We will need a bit more details on the issue though, and I'd prefer if we do it via email to keep your information private and safe. Please send us the following:

• A video recording (or a step-by-step stream of screenshots) that show your login process to the website and how it fails to autofill the TOTP.
    • The TOTP page's structure. Get to the TOTP page, right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Help" -> "Collect Page Structure" and send us the file that is downloaded.

Send it to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this forum discussion here.

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

I can’t get 1Password to autopopulate TOTP on Fidelity at all. (It used to.)

Likewise, Command + \ won’t fill the field either.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jareha

Can you please follow my instructions above and send us the collected page structure from the TOTP page so we can investigate further?
    Thank you.

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member

@ag_yaron, when I right-click the 1Password icon I only get options to manage the 1Password extension. (See attached.)

To be sure, I’m using the following:

1Password 7.8.7 (70807003) via Mac App Store
    1Password extension 4.7.5.90
    Mozilla Firefox 91.0.2
    MacOS 10.15.7

Right-click 1Password icon

• @jareha

It looks like you might have the 1Password classic extension installed. You'll need the new version installed to collect page details. You don't have to keep it installed if you prefer to keep the classic extension, but it would be helpful to collect the page details as Yaron suggested.

You can install it from here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member

Sure! Question about that extension. Does it still work in tandem with the desktop app? Or is it independent?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jareha:

The new extension also integrates with the desktop app ;)

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana and @ag_chantelle. I’ve sent the requested email.

• Hello @jareha,

I got your JSON and recording. Let us continue our conversation via email and update the results here afterward.

This discussion has been closed.