Why is the search field after login not the active field?

Options

As the topic already describes, why?
That would drastically accelerate usage behavior.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @3x3cut0r!

What search field are you referring to? Can you share the steps you are following, so we can understand why you are looking to use the search function?

• 3x3cut0r
    3x3cut0r
    Community Member
    Options

OK.
    1. you enter the login page on https://my.1password.eu/signin
    2. after you enter your master-password you choose your vault
    3. in case you have chosen your vault before you are already inside a specific vault or in all vaults
    4. now, you would usually use the search-bar (field) to search for a specific item or entity

and i mean exactly this search-field ... why is my cursor not automatically inside this field, so that i can start writing my word which i'm looking for?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@3x3cut0r:

Thank you! I see now that you are referring to the 1Password website. You posted in the browser extension section instead, so thank you for the clarification :+1:

Do you only use the 1Password website for this, or do you also use the browser extension? I am asking because the extension already does this: when you click on the extension button, the cursor is automatically entered into the search field. It might also make it quicker to just reach the item you are looking for, so have you give that a try already?

• 3x3cut0r
    3x3cut0r
    Community Member
    Options

i use both.
    private, i use the extension next to the app.
    on my laptop at work i have neither the extension nor the app and doesn't have the permission to install it.
    here, i'm so happy that 1password have the website ability.
    so it would be nice if 1password could implement that to increase my user experience even if it's not that much. ;-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021
    Options

Understood @3x3cut0r, thank you again for the feedback! I will let the developers know about this so they can discuss this internally :+1: :)

ref: dev/b5/b5#13754

This discussion has been closed.