1Password X (1Password in the browser) does't wrap text

SyberCorp
SyberCorp
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Unlike the classic extensions and the desktop app, the 1Password X extensions (1Password in the Browser extensions) don't wrap text for the login items, which results in the complete name of the login item being cut off. When you have multiple entries that are similarly named, not being able to see which one is which makes it a guessing game of choosing the right login entry. Please change this behavior so that the text wraps just like it did in the classic extensions and in the desktop app.

Alternatively, if the panes within the extension's menus could be adjusted or hidden/collapsed, that would potentially also resolve the issue.

And, yes, I know you can hover your mouse over the name in the right-hand pane to see the tooltip, however that is an inefficient workaround.

Here are 2 screenshots to better show what I mean.

1Password desktop app and classic extension:

1Password X (1Password in the Browser) extension:

1Password Version: 7.8.7 (70807004)
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• @SyberCorp

You're right, the current version of 1Password for your browser does not currently wrap text. This has been updated in our beta version of 1Password for your browser. If you're interested in taking it for a spin, you can install it from here: Use 1Password beta releases

Note, the UI on the beta is a little different. Feel free to explore and let us know if you have any feedback to share.

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member

Thanks. I’m glad to see it’s already been addressed for future releases.

• @SyberCorp

You are most welcome! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.