1Pwd (7.8.7 70807004) not working on wm.com (Waste Management's website)

Options

1Password does not populate my Email credential on wm.com login (Waste Management the garbage hauler's website). The password is populated properly.

I do not auto-populate, rather I click on the 1Pwd plug-in icon (Safari plugin) manually to populate the credentials.

I checked and the "username" field is populated with my email address.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: MacOS 11.3
Referrer: forum-search:wm.com

Comments

• Hello @djrolling,

I confirm that 1Password does not save and fill when we select "Log in" at the top right corner of the site, but it correctly fills both email and password under the "Pay my bill" section for me. For that reason, I suspect the item stored in 1Password could be missing some information. Could you please follow these steps to create a new login manually for your website and see how it works?

1. Open your website > Scroll down to "Pay My Bill"

2. Enter all fields there.

3. Select the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar > Select the gear icon at the top right corner > New Login > Select "Create New" tab > Save Login.

4. Refresh and try to fill using the new login item.

• @djrolling

I've done some testing and, you're right, 1Password is having trouble autofilling on the login page. It looks like the site is using some JavaScript to trap focus inside the login fields. As a result, 1Password is unable to autofill using the inline menu. I've reported this to our development team to see if we can improve the filling experience here.

In the meantime, I was able to autofill using the extension by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choosing Autofill from there. I realize it's not ideal, but should achieve what you're after. I apologize for the extra clicks here.

ref: dev/core/core#1088

• djrolling
    djrolling
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Success!!

I had to make one additional change from your instructions. It would not populate either until I did:

1. Edit the new Login and truncate the website URL to: https://www.wm.com

THANK YOU I will use this method whenever I encounter a similar issue.

• @djtrolling

Excellent! Glad to hear that serves as an acceptable workaround until we have a more permanent solution in place. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.