Edge Extension

For a few weeks now, whenever I try to unlock the extension in Edge it takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to give me the pop up. If i completely close Edge in task manager and re-open, the extension will pop up with the password screen immediately. Is there a fix for this or is there something that's causing my extension to open really slow? Any advice would be great.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hey @willxzero. Would you be willing to try the beta of 1Password in the browser and let me know if things are improved for you?

https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-1password-in-your-browser

• willxzero
    willxzero
    Community Member

Yes I installed it after I posted this. I tried it again today and it still takes a long time to load. Do you need logs?

• willxzero
    willxzero
    Community Member

Not a urgent issue, just annoyance.

• @willxzero

If you're able to share a console log from your browser it would be useful to help us pin down the issue. Please send it to support+x@1password.com. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

• willxzero
    willxzero
    Community Member

Will do, sending it right now. Thanks Chantelle!

• Thanks @willxzero. I see that you've sent it. I'll reply there.

ref: HSV-88556-334

• Brendan_McCoy
    Brendan_McCoy
    Community Member

Sorry if this is considered noise but the timeline and issue lines up. It seems since the new update to the edge extension, the handoff with the desktop unlock and the browser unlock is wonky. I've uninstalled the desktop app and it seems to have made the issue go away, but of course I lose out on using the hotkey to bring up the desktop app for use in non-browsers software. I can try to supply a console log of this if you think this is a separate issue from that which others have already sent logs for, once I'm home.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Brendan_McCoy ,

No need to uninstall the desktop app here.
    We've recently enabled the 1Password extension to integrate with the desktop app, which is probably a part of the issue you experienced.

We have already implemented some improvements for this issue in version 2.0.5 of the extension. That update was not yet approved in the Edge addons store so if you'd like to give it a try right now, you'll need to install it from Chrome's store.

In case the issue persists even with version 2.0.5, please reproduce it, then send us the following via email:

In the meantime, you can disable the integration in the extension's settings page so you can use the extension without the delay. Go into the extension's settings and disable the "Integrate with 1Password app" feature there.

• Brendan_McCoy
    Brendan_McCoy
    Community Member

Glad to hear, I will await the approval in the edge store. Thanks for the response and work!

• Hello @Brendan_McCoy,

Thank you for your understanding. I think it won't be long until the new update is approved. However, the 1Password in Chrome and Edge are identical, so it is entirely up to you to install the latest 1Password from Chrome Web Store or hold it off for Microsoft's approval.

• D_Thomas
    D_Thomas
    Community Member

I ran into this string while searching "why is my 1pass taking so long to load?" because I'm having the same issue as described. If I'm at a password prompt, the popup comes up-->asks me to click to open the window for me to enter my 1password, password-->takes about 10 to 20 seconds before the password window pops up. If I click on the extension at the URL level, again it takes about 10 to 15 seconds before the password prompt comes up. The version I have is 2.0.5 which seems to be the most recent.

• @D_Thomas

That definitely does not sound right. Would you be able to grab a console log and diagnostics report, using Yaron's instructions from earlier in this thread here, and send them to us at support+x@1password.com? Make sure you include a link to this discussion for reference. One of our team members will take a look and let you know what we find.

This discussion has been closed.