1P interface covers the online form

Options

This has happened a lot in the past, and I know it's because of the way the site is coded, but there must be some way around it.

Every line in an online form I click in gets covered like this

I have to fiddle with each line for about a minute before I can get the 1P box to not appear. Having the application unlocked makes no difference as there really isn't a relevant listing for the site.

Perhaps there's some way to position the box so it's below or to the side or less obtrusive.

Thanks very much.

P.S. Is there a way to get update notifications? I seem to have to check manually. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2-23.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 12b7 I think 21A5506j

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021
    Options

@TomWolsky:

Can you please share a URL to this website, so we can test it too?

P.S. Is there a way to get update notifications? I seem to have to check manually. Thanks.

Did you get an email after my message here?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,

I can’t give you the actual URL. Sorry I should have copied it at the time. It’s at the back end of a commerce website https://www.2co.com/

I did get an email notification of your response.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @TomWolsky ,
    Thanks for the additional info.

You can dismiss 1Password's window by pressing the ESC key on your keyboard.
    If you unlock 1Password, you can also click the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to dismiss this window.

If you find 1Password to be too intrusive in general, you can go into the extension's settings and turn off the "Show autofill menu when selecting a field", which will prevent that window from opening up automatically on all websites. Whenever you want 1Password to show up, you'll have to click the little icon on the right side of the field in order for it to show.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much Yaron. ESC is excellent. Often the window, as in my image, covers the 1P padlock. I’ll try the 1P for Safari preferences. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @TomWolsky! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.